Friday, September 30, 2005

blogiquette

So what is it about bloggers and not using their shift key when typing entries? Is this blog newbie not following the proper ways by hitting the shift key at the beginning of a sentence? I know that one needs to use the shift key for certain characters. It would be so strange to end a question with a / instead of a ? wouldn't it?

I guess it's all about being informal. But all I keep hearing as I try not to let my pinkies drift to the shift key is my typing teacher reminding me of the proper ways to type, "No lazy wrists... elbows in... feet flat on the floor.... straight back... don't forget to hit that shift key!"

maybe i just need to break the rules and follow the unwritten blogiquette.

3 Comments:

Blogger kristy said...

okay, i dunno that there's a blog/capitalization rule thing, but for me, i don't capitalize in my personal writing as a bizarre way to rebel.

i'm so uptight with my editing/proofing standards that to not capitalize just makes me feel a little looser, more relaxed, more "allowed" to write whatever comes to mind ( = losing some formality).

1:52 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

i must say that it's very liberating to break the rules every once and a while. it's kinda like when i had to learn not to hit the space bar 2x after a period when i was a word processor. it's my way of being a 'bad boy';-)

7:22 PM  
Blogger kristy said...

i still *totally* put two spaces after periods.

designers hate me, but i deal. :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home