Sunday, February 19, 2006

In the News

my motivation still sucks. the urge to knit, blog and do anything else aside from the routine stuff and the job has not been too strong. work has been kicking my butt lately. i'm producing 2 very high-profile projects at work that are really sucking the energy out of me. so perhaps that's the culprit to my lack of creativity.

i figured i'd get to the laptop and write something in my blog while the thought was in my head. maybe that's the breakthrough ... drop what i'm doing whenever i get the urge to knit, blog or anything outside my normal routine.

um, yeah, right ...

"sorry boss, i can't do my work cause i'd rather start knitting the socks i've been wanting to knit for a few weeks now." or "sorry ceo of my company that the hugest project i've worked on since i began working here is late. but i just had to write a blog entry about the weirdest thing that happened to me. i'm sure you understand, right?"

anyway, here's a quick synopsis of what's been going on.

warmth
the weather has been very strange. 2 weeks ago it was sunny and in the 70s. this week it's been pretty cold and threatening to snow in the lower elevations. we live in oakland california hills. which means there was or is the potential for snow to fall near where we live. you can imagine the buzz these weather conditions are creating.

the good news about the cold temperature is that i was able to wear my orange sweater to work last week. i showed it off very proudly to a bunch of people. they were very impressed by how nice it turned out. several folks said that they could see the sweater in stores like ambercrombie and fitch or banana republic. that felt really good.

i know i promised a picture of me modeling the sweater. but like i wrote earlier, i just haven't had the motivation. plus the weather hasn't been very sunny. maybe i'll have david snap a quick picture today if the sun comes out.
protection
i clench my teeth. the secret is out. it's probably not too hard to imagine though that a person with a type-a-ish, obsessive personality would clench his teeth. i probably even grind my teeth in my sleep too. it's hard to prove that though since david is such a sound sleeper.

why am i telling you this?

well lately i've been waking up with really intense headaches that last for hours. i had been noticing that my jaw was also sore. so i decided to ask my dentist if it made sense for me to get a night guard. wouldn't you know that the problems i've been having with receding gums is actually a symptom of teeth clenching and grinding.

the guard is weird.

Night Guard

but it think that it's helping. i actually woke up this morning to find that there was a little fleck of plastic splintering at the tip of the portion of the guard that protects my right eye tooth. i must have really been grinding up a storm last night.

thank goodness for dental insurance. without it the guard would have cost $400. all that for a piece of plastic!
relaxation
it's been several years since i took a yoga class. i've been wanting to get back into it mostly because i've been having neck and back issues and know that yoga would help. i just haven't really pursued it because i was afraid to make my neck worse. david finally encouraged me to take a class yesterday at the piedmont yoga studio. the studio recommended a "special needs class" that is specifically designed with people recovering from injuries or who have other physical problems in mind.

the class was really nice even though the regular instructor wasn't there. it was very slow and the poses were done lying down on the mat. 3 women that were in class stopped me before i left to tell me that the regular instructor is phenomenal and that i should come back next week. i guess they weren't impressed with the substitute. i thought he was good enough for my re-entry into yoga.

i'm actually a little sore this morning... but it's a good sore. i'll definitely go back next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

I have the same night guard, and the same stylish blue plastic case too. I go through those things like mad! it takes me less than a week to begin splintering it. I grind completely through them in 6-8 months.
I need to talk with you more about that special needs yoga class. I need it!
btw-the sweater looks FAB! as well as David's scarf!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home